Search This Blog

Monday, November 25, 2013

THANKSGIVING 2014 A FEW THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR

A LIST OF THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR IN APPALACHIA
 
1) After nearly two years, my hometown, West Liberty, KY, is recovering slowly and steadily from the devastating tornado of March 12, 2012.
2) I am generally healthy and working well in more than one area.
3) Appalachian culture continues to survive in the face of increasing pressure to assimilate into the vanilla pudding of generality.
4) Most of the poor, ill, elderly, and minority citizens of Appalachia and the country in general will have adequate medical coverage in the near future.
5) Alison Lundergan Grimes has a real chance of being a part of a general return to sanity in government.
6) Senator Rand Paul has consistently proven himself to be an idiot and is rapidly heading toward being unelectable at any level. 
7) Appalachian power is heading toward more and more power plants which will not burn coal.
8) I have found after returning to this blog that I not only had a few loyal readers but I am also picking up a few more.  Acceptance is sometimes the only reward a writer needs.
9) I have a wife, a 13 year old Dachshund, a wonderful female cat rescued from an Indiana barn 7 years ago, and a 16 pound, blue eyed half Siamese tom cat who all love me and insisted on being mentioned in this list.
 


No comments: