Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Things I Learned By Posting A Poll

When I posted the poll which just closed, I thought I might get a few more people who would complete it.  I was wrong.  I was also thinking there might be some suggestions about what people might like to see in writing about the general topic of life in Appalachia and some specific topics in which they were interested.  There were only three answers to the question "Which Do You Prefer my longer more academic posts or the shorter more journal/diary type posts I have done a few of recently.  The results, from only 3 votes, were 2 to 1 in favor of the longer posts.  I enjoy doing them but they do require more time.  I do learn by doing them and I hope that, now and then, someone else learns something from them also.  But the most important thing I learned was that my readers are not interested in polls.  I will not bother to insert one again any time soon.  But I would still like to see some comments from time to time about topics in the field of Appalachian Studies about which you would like to read.  Thanks to the three people who bothered to answer it.  Now back to whatever it was I was doing.

No comments: