Search This Blog

Friday, February 9, 2024

My New Baseball Cap!

 

Today's blog post will be short and sweet.  I wore my new baseball cap to town today, actually two towns, West Liberty and Morehead in Kentucky.  I wore it in our local pharmacy, our local chain gas station, and through the drive through at Dairy Queen.  Then I traveled to Morehead and wore it as I walked at the local cemetery where I met two other men walking, to the local Wal Mart, and through the drive through at McDonald's.  I even went to the sporting goods counter at Wal Mart and bought two boxes of .22 long rifle ammunition.  I engaged several people in brief conversations and no one said a word about my new baseball cap which took me somewhat by surprise.  I had thought that surely someone at the sporting goods counter might decide to express their mistaken opinion about it.  I was actually disappointed to tell you the truth.  I love to confront ignorance and I never even got the opportunity.  Maybe next time because I will be wearing it whenever I go in public at least until November 5, 2024.  



No comments: