Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Me And My Shirt Take A Trip To Two Eastern Kentucky Towns!

 

 

This morning my wife Candice & I had a few things we needed from Wal Mart in Morehead, Kentucky, and left home about 11am.  Our first stop was at a McDonald's in one of those towns.  I don't intend to say which McDonalds' or which town in order to protect an intelligent, committed employee of that McDonald's from any potential punitive actions her employers might wish they could use against her.  When I pulled up the food service window, she handed me my order and suddenly said, "I like that shirt."  I thanked her, pointed out that my wife was also wearing a similar kind of Kamala Harris shirt and suggested that she be sure to vote and get out all the votes she can for Harris.  She said, "I'm trying with everybody I can".  Then she added, "We ain't going back."  I loved it.  

Later I was at the meat counter in Wal Mart when I encountered a couple about 35 or so and the man suddenly turned to me and said, "I like that shirt."  We struck up a conversation and they assured me that they are registered and do vote.  They also told me that the wife sometimes wears one of the "Childless Cat Ladies For Kamala" shirts.  Then the husband began talking about the connections between TRAITOR Trump and Vladimir Putin and Russia.  We talked a bit about the theft of the 2016 election in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan about which they agree with me totally.  All together it was a fine day.  I saw one or two of those irritated and ignorant glances when others saw the shirt but no one during the day, including our lunch at Cracker Barrel, said a negative word about our shirts.  And I would actually like it to have happened because it impossible to confront that kind of ignorance if the don't open their mouths.  



No comments: